Monday, February 10, 2014

Snow-apocalypse: What happend to Monti?

What happened to Monti on his snow day?

Snow-apocalypse 

Will dad make it to work?

Taking matters into our own hands. 
Stephen Montisano
Intro to Journalism
2/10/14
Snow-apocalypse
            Let it snow, let it snow let it snow!  February 4th and 5th were snow days for most every school and university in the Missouri and Kansas area.  Specifically, Avila University canceled classes due to the massive amounts of snow.
            At my house, in Blue Springs, MO it snowed 11 inches total. The city of Blue Springs, normally does a fantastic job of clearing the roads of snow, and making it safe to be out and about, for those that need to be.  The snow that fell of Tuesday and Wednesday proved to be too much snow to handle.  The cul de sac where my house sits upon did not get cleared of snow by the snow plows until late Wednesday evening on the 5th.  My father, Mel Montisano had to go to work on Wednesday but was literally snowed in due to the smaller car he drives to work and the amount of snow that had accumulated.  Mel found the only was to make it to work was to shovel the driveway and the cul de sac all the way to the street.  So, Mel grabbed his two sons, Mark Montisano and myself, and put us to work.
            The snow that day was a dry and light weight powdery snow.  I remember saying more than once how lucky we were that it was a powdery snow instead of a wet snow because a wet snow is heavy.
            We got the snow shoveled and taken care of and sent Mel off to work.  The rest of the day was spent working on homework and school projects. I was assigned to write a descriptive essay on a work of art that is held currently in Avila’s art Gallery.  The art work is called the “Shrine of Holda.”  It was a very attractive piece and I enjoyed writing my essay on it. 
            Overall, I believe my snow days were well spent.  I got caught up on school, I got caught up on sleep and relaxation, and I even got some exercise in shoveling all of that snow off the driveway and the cul de sac.  Snow days are well spent when you can take care of business and get some extended relaxation in as well.
           

            

No comments:

Post a Comment